For non-data science graduates:
Data Science for International Business Management Master’s program
Digital transformation is revolutionizing entire working worlds: Business, IT, management, and data science are moving closer together, resulting in great demand for experts who have the know-how to combine these areas. If you want to become one of these experts in your professional future but have not yet acquired any data science skills, the internationally oriented, English-language Master’s program in Data Science for International Business Management (M.Sc.) is perfect for you.
The Data Science Master’s program for non-data science graduates is ideal for anyone with a business-related Bachelor’s degree in a non-data science field who wants to combine business with information processing and technology
Career prospects with your study program
After completing the Master’s program, you will have both the business expertise and the IT know-how that you will need for your career. You will have a broad portfolio of data management tools and be able to recognize the importance of information and communication technologies for an organization. You will be able to discuss and communicate the use of empirical methods and technical solutions, and have the ability to make decisions in various business contexts. This will open up many career prospects.
Once you have completed the Master’s program in Data Science for International Business Management (M.Sc.), you will have the theoretical knowledge and the practical skills to start a successful career. You will be able to work in international companies in all sectors of the economy, non-profit organizations, and other institutions, or opt for self-employment. Career prospects will open up for you in many areas, including:
- Data science, data analysis, and business analysis
- Software development and data acquisition and structuring in (big) data management
- Marketing analysis, data mining, machine learning, and AI development
- Organizational development based on operations research and knowledge management
Master’s graduates also have the option of pursuing a doctorate.
Your study program in detail
The Master’s program in Data Science for International Business Management (M.Sc.) brings together business, management, and information processing and technology, offering an international focus as well as strong practical relevance. You will explore a wide range of topics such as IT, data science, and business intelligence and expand your business knowledge. In addition, you can improve your language skills with a German course and have the opportunity to develop your professional profile in an elective module or opt for an internship or semester abroad.
While studying for the Master’s degree in Data Science for International Business Management (M.Sc.), you will learn more about numerous technical and management topics, such as:
- IT & Programming: You will gain in-depth knowledge of various information processing and information technology concepts and learn how to integrate them into company structures.
- Methods of Data Sciences: You will acquire skills in mathematical, statistical, and economic methods that are used in applied economic research and business practice in the field of data science.
- Business Intelligence: You will learn how your data science and IT know-how can be used to analyze and improve business processes.
- Advanced Management Essentials: You will acquire critical leadership-oriented management skills to lead projects and teams, and to manage companies in a future-oriented and agile manner.
- Intercultural & Language Skills: Students without German language proficiency will build up their skills in curricular German courses in the first and second semesters. If you are already proficient in German, you will prepare yourself for a global environment in the Intercultural Competence module and develop your linguistic skills in a further foreign language.
- Research Methods & Empirical Skills: As a Master of Science, this program has a profound scientific foundation. You will learn to appreciate how research informs business-related decisions and acquire a portfolio of specific methods to gather and analyze your own data.
In addition to the compulsory content and modules on the Master’s program in Data Science for International Business Management (M.Sc.), you also have the opportunity to pursue your interests and further develop your professional profile. In the third semester, you will choose one of the following elective modules:
- Corporate Finance
- Sustainability Management & CSR in a Global Context
- International Relations & Current World Affairs
- Consumer Behavior & Psychology
- Strategic Marketing & Brand Management
Alternatively, you can choose to complete an internship instead of an elective module or opt for a semester abroad.
Practice-oriented learning is a top priority at Hochschule Fresenius. On the Master’s program in Data Science for International Business Management (M.Sc.), you can expect application-oriented teaching from experts who will pass on their wealth of professional experience. You will work on different projects and case studies and might opt for an
internship as part of your elective modules. Interactive learning, excursions, guest lectures, and workshops are also common practice at Hochschule Fresenius.
Download the course schedule and check out which modules are waiting for you.
Request your info brochure
Get the most important information about your study program at a glance.
Your way to the Master’s study program
To be admitted to the Master’s study program in Data Science for International Business Management (M.Sc.) at Hochschule Fresenius, you need to fulfil the following requirements:
You must have completed a Bachelor’s study program with at least 180 credit points.
In your Bachelor’s degree, you must have gained 60 credit points in the fields of business or economics. You do not need to have previously acquired a specific number of credit points in Data Science.
For more information, please contact our Study Advice Service.
Your English language skills must be equivalent to Level B2 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages.
You haven’t completed your Bachelor’s degree yet? At Hochschule Fresenius, you can start your Master’s program and finish your Bachelor’s program at the same time, provided you have attained at least 80 percent of the credit points by the time of enrollment. In addition, Bachelor’s students at Hochschule Fresenius will only pay the monthly Master’s tuition fees when starting the Master’s program.