Luxury Management Master’s program
Whether Rolex or Hermès, Chanel or Rolls-Royce, luxury brands have a very distinctive allure. They have their own target groups and their own ways of achieving success and standing out from the crowd. But how exactly does management work in the luxury sector? And how does it approach marketing and sales? If you are passionate about luxury brands and want to specialize in management, marketing, sales, and strategy after your Bachelor’s degree, then the Master’s program in Luxury Management (M.Sc.) is exactly what you need
Career prospects with your study program
The international, practice-oriented Master’s program in Luxury Management (M.Sc.) provides you with specialized management skills in the luxury industry and combines them with comprehensive knowledge of marketing, sales, and strategies for luxury brands and products. After completing your Master’s degree, you will have everything you need to start a successful career in the luxury sector. Find out more here about the opportunities that await you.
During the Master’s program in Luxury Management (M.Sc.), you will acquire a broad portfolio of marketing tools and learn to apply them to create a coherent, tailored marketing mix for luxury brands, goods, and services. You will gain an understanding of how to influence the product and service development process from both a financial and
strategic perspective. You will also learn how to define the diverse nature of the luxury sector and specialize within a particular product category by applying general knowledge to the relevant, and unique, luxury context.
By the time you graduate, you will have the know-how to launch a successful career with companies in all luxury sectors or other organizations and institutions. The program prepares you for many roles, including:
- Product manager
- Brand manager
- Retail buyer
- PR manager
- Sales force manager
- Key account manager
- Category manager
- Sales representative
- Communication manager
- E-retail manager
Master’s graduates also have the option of pursuing a doctorate.
Your study program in detail
On the Master’s program in Luxury Management (M.Sc.), you will acquire robust management expertise and explore marketing, sales, and strategies in the luxury industry. You will also have many opportunities to pursue your personal interests and develop your personal profile: In the second semester, you can take part in a business excursion to Paris or Milan. In your third semester, you can choose an elective module, do an internship in the luxury sector, or spend a semester abroad at a partner university with a program in Luxury and Fashion Management.
While studying for your Master’s degree in Luxury Management (M.Sc.), you will delve deeper each semester into the luxury industry, luxury brands, and luxury products, acquiring ever-increasing know-how. A variety of important topics await you, such as:
- Luxury Management: You will gain a broad understanding of what makes luxury brands, luxury products, and luxury services different, and learn how to position, market, sell, and strategically manage them.
- Management Principles in a Luxury Context: You will acquire in-depth knowledge of marketing, finance, and compliance, which are particularly relevant when working with brands in the luxury sector.
- Advanced Management Essentials: You will acquire critical leadership-oriented management skills to lead projects and teams and to manage companies in a future-oriented and agile manner.
- Intercultural & Language Skills: Students without German language proficiency will build up their skills in curricular German courses in the first and second semesters. If you are already proficient in German, you will prepare yourself for a global environment in the Intercultural Competence module and develop your linguistic skills in a further foreign language.
- Research Methods & Empirical Skills: As a Master of Science, this program has a profound scientific foundation. You will learn to appreciate how research informs business-related decisions and acquire a portfolio of specific methods to gather and analyze your data.
The Master’s program in Luxury Management (M.Sc.) offers more than just compulsory modules. You will also have the opportunity to follow your interests and develop your professional profile. In the third semester, you will choose an elective module on one of the following topics:
- Sustainability Management & CSR in a Global Context
- International Relations & Current World Affairs
- Consumer Behavior & Psychology
Alternatively, you can do an internship in the luxury sector or spend a semester abroad at a partner university with a program in Luxury and Fashion Management (Italy, France, UK, or Germany).
Practice-oriented learning is a top priority at Hochschule Fresenius. On the Master’s program in Luxury Management (M.Sc.), you can expect application-oriented teaching from experts who share their wealth of experience. You will work on projects and case studies. In the second semester, you can also participate in a business excursion to one of Europe’s centers of luxury, such as Milan or Paris. In the third semester, you have the opportunity to complete an internship in the luxury sector.
Interactive learning, excursions, guest lectures, and workshops are also common practice at Hochschule Fresenius.
Download the course schedule and check out which modules are waiting for you.
Request your info brochure
Get the most important information about your study program at a glance.
Your way to the Master’s study program
To be admitted to the Master’s study program in Luxury Management (M.Sc.) at Hochschule Fresenius, you need to fulfil the following requirements:
You must have completed a Bachelor’s study program with at least 180 credit points.
In your Bachelor’s degree, you must have gained 60 credit points in the fields of business or economics.
For more information, please contact our Study Advice Service.
Your English language skills must be equivalent to Level B2 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages.
You haven’t completed your Bachelor’s degree yet? At Hochschule Fresenius, you can start your Master’s program and finish your Bachelor’s program at the same time, provided you have attained at least 80 percent of the credit points by the time of enrollment. In addition, Bachelor’s students at Hochschule Fresenius will only pay the monthly Master’s tuition fees when starting the Master’s program.