Mindfulness & Leadership Master’s program
Digitalization makes companies more productive, but it also increases the pace and stress of our lives. Working from home gives us flexibility, but it also makes it harder to recover in our leisure time, which can lead to loss of motivation and poorer performance. To counteract these tendencies, companies need a conscious, mindful leadership style. If you want to help them achieve this, provide coaching for managers, or eventually become a mindful manager yourself, then this Master’s program is perfect for you.
Career prospects with your study program
This unique Master’s study program in Mindfulness & Leadership (M.Sc.) combines the fields of mindfulness and leadership at an advanced academic level. You will learn how to lead teams consciously and mindfully informed by science and evidence based tools. This will allow you to develop your own personality and become a sought-after coach or future leader. Find out more here about the prospects that will open up for you after graduation.
After successfully completing the Master’s program in Mindfulness & Leadership (M.Sc.), you will have in-depth expertise in mindfulness research and a broad knowledge of management and leadership. You will have a comprehensive repertoire of tools to foster mindfulness, compassion, and empathy, and be able to develop tailor-made solutions in the context of mindful leadership.
This opens up a wide range of promising career prospects. You could work in the fields of coaching and leadership, organizational consulting, or corporate development. You could work for domestic or international companies of different sizes and industries or start your own business. The program prepares you for many roles and tasks, including:
- wellbeing officer, head of mental health and wellness, mindfulness coordinator, consultant on mindfulness and leadership, researcher in mindfulness
- coaching and human resources, mindful education, mindfulness, and leadership
Master’s graduates also have the option of pursuing a doctorate.
Your study program in detail
The international, practice-oriented Master’s program in Mindfulness & Leadership (M.Sc.) is the only academic study program in the world that combines mindfulness with leadership. During your studies, you will acquire broad mindfulness skills and gain comprehensive knowledge of international leadership and research methods. In addition, an internship and an elective module provide several opportunities to develop your professional profile.
While studying on the Master’s program in Mindfulness & Leadership (M.Sc.), you will work at a high academic level and acquire comprehensive competencies in the fields of mindfulness, management, and leadership. Thematic areas include:
- Fundamentals of Mindfulness: You will be introduced to the history and philosophy of mindfulness and gain an overview of various mindfulness tools. In addition, you will delve into the fields of compassion and empathy and learn more about different research methods
- Mindfulness: Effects and Mechanisms: You will learn more about neuroscientific mechanisms and correlates of mindfulness, in particular well-being, cognition, and consciousness. You will become familiar with the general neural underpinnings of mindfulness, discuss different empirical studies, and acquire the expertise to critically reflect on the overall concept of mindfulness and its potential to change society.
- Leadership and Management: You will explore the fundamentals of leading people in a team and in an organizational context, evaluate different management methods and instruments, and gain insights to improve ways of working in organizations and ways of leading and managing people.
- Research Methods: You will acquire crucial knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods with a particular focus on designing, implementing, and evaluating evidence-based mindfulness interventions
- Mindfulness and Leadership in Application: In addition to the theoretical aspects of your studies, you will continuously broaden your mindfulness practice and participate in a mindfulness retreat. You will also engage with mindfulness tools such as yoga and meditation and experience mindfulness-based stress reduction training. In the process, you will gain skills in systemic coaching and learn to design your own mindfulness retreat.
On the Master’s program in Mindfulness & Leadership (M.Sc.), you will explore many important topics from both a theoretical and practical perspective. You will also have the opportunity to pursue your personal interests and thereby develop your professional profile. During your studies, you will choose an elective module on one of the following topics:
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Academic Writing
Practice-oriented learning is a top priority at Hochschule Fresenius. On the Master’s program in Mindfulness & Leadership (M.Sc.), you can expect application-oriented teaching from experts who share their wealth of experience. The core subject of Application and Transfer is entirely dedicated to practice: Here you will apply your knowledge to specific situations, design your own mindfulness retreat, and work on a case study. In the fourth semester, you will also complete an internship.
Interactive learning, excursions, guest lectures, and workshops are also common practice at Hochschule Fresenius.
Download the course schedule and check out which modules are waiting for you.
Request your info brochure
Get the most important information about your study program at a glance.
Your way to the Master’s study program
To be admitted to the Master’s study program in Mindfulness & Leadership (M.Sc.) at Hochschule Fresenius, you need to fulfil the following requirements:
You must have completed a Bachelor’s study program with at least 180 credit points.
At least 30 credit points must have been acquired in the fields of scientific methods and statistics.
Your English language skills must be equivalent to Level C1 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages.
You must present your reasons for applying in a five-minute presentation and demonstrate your critical thinking and English skills in a ten-minute discussion.
For more information, please contact our Study Advice Service.
You haven’t completed your Bachelor’s degree yet? At Hochschule Fresenius, you can start your Master’s program and finish your Bachelor’s program at the same time, provided you have attained at least 80 percent of the credit points by the time of enrollment. In addition, Bachelor’s students at Hochschule Fresenius will only pay the monthly Master’s tuition fees when starting the Master’s program.