Sustainability & Transformation Management Master’s program
Businesses urgently need to align their practices with global climate targets and the UN Sustainable Development Goals. This requires a radical rethink of conventional approaches and a new generation of experts who combine business skills with in-depth knowledge of sustainability and transformation. If you want to join them and make an impact, then the Master’s program in Sustainability & Transformation Management (M.Sc.) is the ideal choice.
Career prospects with your study program
The Master’s program provides you with the skills you need to become a corporate changemaker: You will expand and deepen your business acumen and develop comprehensive skills in fields such as sustainability and stakeholder management, sustainability reporting, and transformation and change management. As a graduate, you will have the expertise to initiate and drive the transformation of the corporate landscape to an ecologically and socially sustainable economy. Find out more about your prospects here.
After graduation, you will have a specialized portfolio of sustainability management skills and approaches to transformation and change management. You will be able to identify current sustainability challenges, put them into a macroeconomic context, and develop initiatives and processes to address them. You will also be able to use your specialist skillset to shape and support organizational change management and transformation activities with different stakeholders.
Given the broad nature of our sustainability challenges, you will have promising career prospects with companies in all economic sectors, with non-profit organizations, in self-employment, or as the founder of your own sustainable enterprise. These include:
- Corporate sustainability management and expert roles
- Positions in project management for corporate transformation and change programs
- Leadership positions and strategy consulting roles
- Change management and management consulting positions
- Sustainability consultant positions and strategy advisory roles
Master’s graduates also have the option of pursuing a doctorate.
Your study program in detail
The international, practice-oriented Master’s program in Sustainability & Transformation Management (M.Sc.) builds on your business expertise and complements it with comprehensive skills in fields such as environmental and social sustainability, organizational transformation, and change management. You will also expand your intercultural and language skills, round out your profile via an elective module, and have the opportunity to do an internship or spend a semester abroad. Read more about the program here.
On the Master’s program in Sustainability & Transformation Management (M.Sc.), you will have the opportunity to develop your expertise in a variety of critical fields such as corporate management, sustainability, and transformation:
- Sustainability Management: You will gain in-depth knowledge and skills for assessing the ecological and societal impacts of business activities and integrating international frameworks of corporate sustainability management.
- Transformation Management: You will acquire know-how relating to the transformation of international and complex corporate organizations, with a focus on the strategic conception of change management processes and their implementation.
- Corporate Governance & Public Affairs: You will develop a deep understanding of internal and external corporate leadership, especially the requirements of corporate governance and its implementation in global organizations.
- Advanced Management Essentials: You will acquire critical leadership-oriented management skills to lead projects and teams, and to manage companies in a future-oriented and agile manner.
- Intercultural & Language Skills: Students without German language proficiency will build up their skills in curricular German courses in the first and second semesters. If you are already proficient in German, you will prepare yourself for a global environment in the Intercultural Competence module and develop your linguistic skills in a further foreign language
- Research Methods & Empirical Skills: As a Master of Science, this program has a profound scientific foundation. You will learn to appreciate how research informs business-related decisions and acquire a portfolio of specific methods to gather and analyze your own data.
In addition to compulsory modules, the Master’s program in Sustainability & Transformation Management (M.Sc.) offers you the opportunity to pursue your personal interests and develop your professional profile. In the third semester, you will choose an elective module on one of the following topics:
- Corporate Finance
- International Relations & Current World Affairs
- Consumer Behavior & Psychology
- Strategic Marketing & Brand Management
Alternatively, you can choose to complete an internship instead of an elective module or opt for a semester abroad.
Practice-oriented learning is a top priority at Hochschule Fresenius. If you join the Master’s study program in Sustainability & Transformation Management (M.Sc.), you can expect application-oriented teaching from experts who will pass on their wealth of professional experience. You will work on projects and case studies and might opt for an internship as part of your elective modules. Interactive learning, excursions, guest lectures, and workshops are also common practice at Hochschule Fresenius.
Request your info brochure
Get the most important information about your study program at a glance.
Your way to the Master’s study program
To be admitted to the Master’s study program in Sustainability & Transformation Management (M.Sc.) at Hochschule Fresenius, you need to fulfil the following requirements:
You must have completed a Bachelor’s study program with at least 180 credit points.
In your Bachelor’s degree, you must have gained 60 credit points in the fields of business or economics.
For more information, please contact our Study Advice Service.
You need to provide evidence that your English language skills are equivalent to Level B2 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages.
You haven’t completed your Bachelor’s degree yet? At Hochschule Fresenius, you can start your Master’s program and finish your Bachelor’s program at the same time, provided you have attained at least 80 percent of the credit points by the time of enrollment. In addition, Bachelor’s students at Hochschule Fresenius will only pay the monthly Master’s tuition fees when starting the Master’s program.